The Museum of Tomorrow is a different kind of science Museum. A space conceived through the values of sustainability and conviviality that explores the ever-changing times we’re witnessing and the possible paths we may take during the next 50 years.
Praça Mauá, 1 - Centro. Rio de Janeiro, RJ - Zip Code: 20081-262
Try to avoid going by car; the museum doesn’t have a parking lot.
The nearest subway station is Uruguaiana.
- The Museum of Tomorrow is open from Tuesdays to Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; the box office closes at 5 p.m.;
- The coffee shop and the museum souvenir shop are open from Tuesdays to Sundays, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.;
- The museum and its facilities are closed on Mondays.
- Online sales: click here.
- Full price: R$ 20.00;
- Half price: R$ 10.00;
- The museum offers free admission on Tuesdays;
- Unified Museum Ticket (Museum of Tomorrow + MAR*):
R$ 32,00 (full price) and R$ 16,00 (half price).
- Payment in cash, credit or debit cards.
*Except for the last Sunday of the month, when MAR has free admission.
Half price tickets
- Young people from 6 to 21 years old;
- School and university students;
- Disabled people;
- Residents or natives of Rio de Janeiro
- Payment with Santander card (only for the cardholder).
- Necessary caregiver for disabled people
- Children up to 5 years old or senior citizens in their 60s or over
- Museum employees or members of ICOM with annuity stamp;
- Touristic guides;
- NOZ - Friends of Tomorrow - membership program
In all cases, you must provide supporting evidence.
The museum provides tactile floors and dioramas, ramps, wheelchairs, elevators, baby changers, adapted bathrooms, and universal signs.